1. All clothing fakes have low prices in comparison to genuine clothing. Before purchasing browse around and see the normal prices for designer clothing. For example, fake Prada Jackets are selling on eBay for less than £60! These are fake as Prada jackets can’t be bought (even direct from Prada) for anywhere near this amount. Outrageously low prices should make you cautious.
2. When buying clothing from a website, check the contact details and the terms & conditions. It is now a legal requirement for all websites to have full contact details (Address, Telephone, Email etc…). If there are no contact details just a form to fill in be cautious as they may be hard to trace if you are unsatisfied with your goods. I would also suggest avoiding eBay as this has a lot of fake designer clothing listed on the site from foreign sellers.
3. Once of the biggest giveaways of fake clothing is the material of the product. Nearly all fakes are cheaply made using low cost and inferior materials in comparison to genuine designer clothing. If possible examine the garment and if buying on line look in detail at large photographs of the product. Fake designer clothing the stitching is normally of poor quality and details such as the brand name on labels will be missing. Look closely at the fine details.
4. The majority of fakes are imported from cheap mass production countries such as China, Thailand, Japan (mostly Asia). Try and buy directly from the UK. Even though there are fake designer clothing sellers in the UK you are less likely to become a victim of illegal fake designer clothing by buying from the UK
5. Know your rights. In the UK if you unknowingly purchase fake designer clothing, through the ‘Distance Sellers Act’ you have 7 days to return the goods without penalty (full refund). Also if you use your credit card you can request your card issuer to do a cash back as the products was not accurately described.
If you follow the above five tips you should be able to avoid fakes such as the common fake Lacoste Polo Shirts. The easiest way is to purchase mens clothing where the prices are the one of the lowest in the UK and all products are 100% authentic.